Thursday, April 25, 2013

Book Club in Orem, Utah

By Heather Moore

Last night I spent a great evening at a book club in Orem, Utah. It took place in the neighborhood I grew up in, and most of the ladies remembered me as a child and teenager. It's a bit disconcerting to meet up with someone 20 years later and wonder, "Was I a brat in their church class?" I think I was pretty good overall. I was fairly shy growing up, and I'm not as shy now, but I'm also not usually the loud one in the room :-)

The women had all read the Newport Ladies Book Club books, some of them had read all four. I updated them on the next set of books coming out, and told them a bit about the writing process. I was very impressed with this book group. They plan well in advance, and they were already planning out their fall books.

Here are some pictures from the evening.




No comments:

Post a Comment