Friday, March 8, 2013

Meeting with Book Club in Gilbert AZ

A couple of weeks ago I went to the ANWA Writers Conference in Mesa, AZ. My sis-in-law organized her book club to meet while I was in town. Members of her book club read at least one of the books from The Newport Ladies Book Club series.

The women took turns talking about one of the characters/books, and it was really interesting to hear what they had to say about each of the characters.We agreed that Daisy, Paige, Olivia and Athena felt like out friend.

I was able to share the news that we'd just plotted the REUNION book a few days before, and I was in the process of writing the first couple of chapters (before handing it off to the next co-author).

My sis-in-law served pumpkin pie and homemade hot chocolate after :-)

Some pics from the evening.






Recent reads from the Gilbert book club include Edenbrook by Julianne Donaldson and The Guernsey Literary and Potato Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows. I've actually read both books and enjoyed them both.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Ladies my name is Malikah Harris I would like you to consider my novel Generational Curses for your book club! Please check out the link below thank you!
    https://www.amazon.com/Generational-Curses-Malikah-Harris/dp/1944255494/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

    ReplyDelete